Your privacy is important to us. It is kazboo’s policy to respect your privacy and comply with any applicable law and regulation regarding any personal information we may collect about you, including via our app, kazboo, and its associated services.
Personal information is any information about you which can be used to identify you. This includes information about you as a person (such as name, address, and date of birth), your devices, payment details, and even information about how you use an app or online service.
This policy is effective as of January 16th. 2023.
Information We Collect
Information we collect falls into one of two categories: “voluntarily provided” information and “automatically collected” information.
“Voluntarily provided” information refers to any information you knowingly and actively provide us when using our app and its associated services.
“Automatically collected” information refers to any information automatically sent by your device in the course of accessing our app and its associated services.
When you access our servers via our app, we may automatically log the standard data provided by your device. It may include your device’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your device type and version, your activity within the app, time and date, and other details about your usage.
Additionally, when you encounter certain errors while using the app, we automatically collect data about the error and the circumstances surrounding its occurrence. This data may include technical details about your device, what you were trying to do when the error happened, and other technical information relating to the problem. You may or may not receive notice of such errors, even in the moment they occur, that they have occurred, or what the nature of the error is.
Please be aware that while this information may not be personally identifying by itself, it may be possible to combine it with other data to personally identify individual persons.
Our app may access and collect data via your device’s in-built tools, such as:
- Storage, photos and/or media
- Voice assistance
- Background data refresh
- Mobile data
- Device/app history
When you install the app or use your device’s tools within the app, we request permission to access this information. The specific data we collect can depend on the individual settings of your device and the permissions you grant when you install and use the app.
We may ask for personal information — for example, when you subscribe to our newsletter or when you contact us — which may include one or more of the following:
Legitimate Reasons for Processing Your Personal Information
We only collect and use your personal information when we have a legitimate reason for doing so. In which instance, we only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary to provide our services to you.
Collection and Use of Information
We may collect personal information from you when you do any of the following on our website:
- Register for an account
- Sign up to receive updates from us via email or social media channels
- Use a mobile device or web browser to access our content
- Contact us via email, social media, or on any similar technologies
- When you mention us on social media
We may collect, hold, use, and disclose information for the following purposes, and personal information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with these purposes:
- to provide you with our app and platform’s core features and services
- to deliver products and/or services to you
- to contact and communicate with you
- for analytics, market research, and business development, including to operate and improve our app, associated applications, and associated social media platforms
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you
- to enable you to access and use our app, associated platforms, and associated social media channels
- for technical assessment, including to operate and improve our app, associated applications, and associated social media platforms
We may combine voluntarily provided and automatically collected personal information with general information or research data we receive from other trusted sources. For example, If you consent to us accessing your social media profiles, we may combine information sourced from those profiles with information received from you directly to provide you with an enhanced experience of our app and services.
Security of Your Personal Information
When we collect and process personal information, and while we retain this information, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification.
Although we will do our best to protect the personal information you provide to us, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure, and no one can guarantee absolute data security.
You are responsible for selecting any password and its overall security strength, ensuring the security of your own information within the bounds of our services.
For example, ensuring any passwords associated with accessing your personal information and accounts are secure and confidential.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
However, if necessary, we may retain your personal information for our compliance with a legal, accounting, or reporting obligation or for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific, or historical research purposes or statistical purposes.
To use the app and the accompanying services, the user must be at least 15 years old at the time of registration.
We do not aim any of our products or services directly at children under the age of 15, and we do not knowingly collect personal information about children under 15.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- a parent, subsidiary, or affiliate of our company
- third-party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, hosting and server providers, analytics, error loggers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing providers, professional advisors, and payment systems operators
- our employees, contractors, and/or related entities
- our existing or potential agents or business partners
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals, and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services, or direct marketing to you
- third parties to collect and process data
- an entity that buys, or to which we transfer all or substantially all of our assets and business
Third parties we currently use include:
- Google Analytics
International Transfers of Personal Information
The personal information we collect is stored and/or processed in United States, or where we or our partners, affiliates, and third-party providers maintain facilities.
Your Rights and Controlling Your Personal Information
Marketing permission: If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
Access: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you.
Non-discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights over your personal information. Unless your personal information is required to provide you with a particular service or offer (for example serving particular content to your device), we will not deny you goods or services and/or charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties, or provide you with a different level or quality of goods or services.
Notification of data breaches: We will comply with laws applicable to us in respect of any data breach.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached a relevant data protection law and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint. You also have the right to contact a regulatory body or data protection authority in relation to your complaint.
If we or our assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, we would include data, including your personal information, among the assets transferred to any parties who acquire us. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any parties who acquire us may, to the extent permitted by applicable law, continue to use your personal information according to this policy, which they will be required to assume as it is the basis for any ownership or use rights we have over such information.
Limits of Our Policy
Our app may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
Changes to This Policy
If the changes are significant, or if required by applicable law, we will contact you (based on your selected preferences for communications from us) and all our registered users with the new details and links to the updated or changed policy.
If required by law, we will get your permission or give you the opportunity to opt in to or opt out of, as applicable, any new uses of your personal information.
Additional Disclosures for Australian Privacy Act Compliance (AU)
International Transfers of Personal Information
Where the disclosure of your personal information is solely subject to Australian privacy laws, you acknowledge that some third parties may not be regulated by the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act. You acknowledge that if any such third party engages in any act or practice that contravenes the Australian Privacy Principles, it would not be accountable under the Privacy Act, and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act.
Additional Disclosures for General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Compliance (EU)
Data Controller / Data Processor
The GDPR distinguishes between organizations that process personal information for their own purposes (known as “data controllers”) and organizations that process personal information on behalf of other organizations (known as “data processors”). We, kazboo, located at the address provided in our Contact Us section, are a Data Controller with respect to the personal information you provide to us.
Legal Bases for Processing Your Personal Information
We will only collect and use your personal information when we have a legal right to do so. In which case, we will collect and use your personal information lawfully, fairly, and in a transparent manner. If we seek your consent to process your personal information, and you are under 16 years of age, we will seek your parent or legal guardian’s consent to process your personal information for that specific purpose.
Our lawful bases depend on the services you use and how you use them. This means we only collect and use your information on the following grounds:
Consent From You
Performance of a Contract or Transaction
Where you have entered into a contract or transaction with us, or in order to take preparatory steps prior to our entering into a contract or transaction with you. For example, we need technical information about your device in order to provide the essential features of our app.
Our Legitimate Interests
Where we assess it is necessary for our legitimate interests, such as for us to provide, operate, improve and communicate our services. For example, we collect technical information about your device in order to improve and personalize your experience of our app. We consider our legitimate interests to include research and development, understanding our audience, marketing and promoting our services, measures taken to operate our services efficiently, marketing analysis, and measures taken to protect our legal rights and interests.
Compliance with Law
International Transfers Outside of the European Economic Area (EEA)
We will ensure that any transfer of personal information from countries in the European Economic Area (EEA) to countries outside the EEA will be protected by appropriate safeguards, for example by using standard data protection clauses approved by the European Commission, or the use of binding corporate rules or other legally accepted means.
Your Rights and Controlling Your Personal Information
Restrict: You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information if (i) you are concerned about the accuracy of your personal information; (ii) you believe your personal information has been unlawfully processed; (iii) you need us to maintain the personal information solely for the purpose of a legal claim; or (iv) we are in the process of considering your objection in relation to processing on the basis of legitimate interests.
Objecting to processing: You have the right to object to processing of your personal information that is based on our legitimate interests or public interest. If this is done, we must provide compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which overrides your interests, rights, and freedoms, in order to proceed with the processing of your personal information.
Data portability: You may have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. Where possible, we will provide this information in CSV format or other easily readable machine format. You may also have the right to request that we transfer this personal information to a third party.
Additional Disclosures for California Compliance (US)
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, if you live in California and your business relationship with us is mainly for personal, family, or household purposes, you may ask us about the information we release to other organizations for their marketing purposes.
Do Not Track
Some browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. At this time, we do not respond to browser “Do Not Track” signals.
Cookies and Pixels
CCPA-permitted financial incentives
In accordance with your right to non-discrimination, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels for the goods or services we provide.
Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to the value of your personal information, and we will provide written terms that describe clearly the nature of such an offer. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt-in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
California Notice of Collection
In the past 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information enumerated in the California Consumer Privacy Act:
Demographics, such as your age or gender. This category includes data that may qualify as protected classifications under other California or federal laws.
Audio or visual data, such as photos or videos you share with us or post on the service.
For more information on information we collect, including the sources we receive information from, review the “Information We Collect” section. We collect and use these categories of personal information for the business purposes described in the “Collection and Use of Information” section, including to provide and manage our Service.
Right to Know and Delete
If you are a California resident, you have rights to delete your personal information we collected and know certain information about our data practices in the preceding 12 months. In particular, you have the right to request the following from us:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- The categories of personal information about you we disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The categories of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Shine the Light
If you are a California resident, in addition to the rights discussed above, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain personal information as defined by California’s “Shine the Light” with third parties and affiliates for their own direct marketing purposes.
Respectful Interaction: UGC Policy for kazboo
- Respectful Interaction: All users must treat each other with respect, courtesy and tolerance. We do not condone any behavior that is disrespectful or offensive.
- No Harassment: Harassment of any kind, including but not limited to sexual harassment, will not be tolerated.
- No Spam: Spamming other users is not allowed.
- No Impersonation: Impersonation of any user or other person, including but not limited to celebrities, is not allowed.
- No Illegal Activity: Engaging in any illegal activity, including but not limited to drug use, is not allowed.
- Content Restrictions: Content that is deemed by us to be offensive, harassing, or otherwise inappropriate is not allowed. This includes content that is pornographic, inflammatory, or politically sensitive.
- No Discrimination: Discrimination of any kind, including but not limited to race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and age, is not allowed.
- Privacy: All users must respect the privacy of other users. This includes not sharing or publishing personal information without permission.
- Reporting: All users must report any incidents of inappropriate behavior or content to us immediately.
- Enforcement: We reserve the right to take any action we deem necessary to enforce these rules, including but not limited to removing or blocking content, banning users, and suspending accounts.
- User Content: We will not use any user content, including but not limited to posts, photos, and videos, for marketing or any other purpose without the user’s explicit approval.